Friday, April 28, 2006

Illustrators Gone Wild!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Ok...I'm a little bit stir crazy this morning as I pull what is my billionth all-nighter to keep pumping out those deadlines. The life of an illustrator is a little lonely at times...a wee bit isolating. But it's still the life for me. At the moment I'm trying to finish some kid's cartoons and pack my mailers and samples for the post offfice in the morning. Then it's on to 2 b/w white newspaper columns I have the good fortune to illustrate every Friday back east. I have to say that I do prefer my West Hollywood studio to my old Brooklyn studio, but I sure do miss Brooklyn and NY and people back there from time to time. I did get a great e-mail from my talented friend ( and former Brooklynite neighbor/art school buddy) Janet Hamlin who now works for the Associated Press as an art director and staff artist. She's amazing. This past month she was sent to Cuba to do courtroom drawings for the Guantanamo trial and she sent me some pics of the work she did which made it to the national news. At some point I'll have to showcase her work here, but let me just say that she's a definite inspiration to me in these wee small hours. I guess it's time to get off the computer and back to my art table to ink in some stuff.

Here's a Fluffer Nutter cartoon from my batch. I'm busy animating these critters now for my website. But, more on these guys later. And believe me, there will be more.

Ciao!
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: