Friday, March 21, 2008

The Morlock and The Eloi

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Yes, The Time Machine by H.G. Wells got me inspired to paint a piece about The Morlock and The Eloi. And, I read an article about how we as a species are evolving into 2 separate species based on rich and poor, which is so very "Time Machiney". I've always been a fan of eating the rich anyway. It's their fault for being so succulent...so delish! Some day in the distant future you may see a Morlock, who slightly resembles me, turning the gears of some underworld mechanism to supply the patrician Eloi with a milk-fed diet of sunshine and moonbeams... only to be devoured by the poor brutish Morlock.

A boy can dream, can't he? (and I would totally rock that Morlock hairdo!)

2 comments:

Christineben said...

Hi Joe!

Thanks for all your great comments on my work! I enjoy getting your emails and checking out your latest super fun, cool illustrations! Love your latest Morlock and Eloi illustration! This is one of my favorite storys and your version of the characters adds a lot of personality!

Unknown said...

Hey, that's cool that you're a fan of the book too! Thanks also for your comments here and that you follow my stuff. It's always fun to discover other artists and get a peek into how they work.