Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Systema Naturae at Nucleus Gallery

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
I tend to bitch and whine about getting my ass over to Alhambra for a show at Nucleus, but every time I get there I feel glad I did.
  • Nucleus Gallery
  • They have a great space and always strong little shows. I went to see the work of my friend Frieda Gossett mostly.
  • See Frieda's Web Site
  • She created these leather dimensional sculptures of Birds. It's like a leather Hitchcock film in that space. Cool leather creatures perched and ready. I have no idea how she made these. I only just learned how to "Bedazzle", so it's all a glorious mystery to me. And she's not the only one in this show. Here's the list. Frieda Gossett, Jamie Zollars, Andrea Offerman, and Michael Brown. It's selling out fast, so check it out before it's over.
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

    No comments: