Monday, April 09, 2007

The Tree Show (New Work by Mark Ryden)

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
I'm finally posting these images to my blog since I've just been too busy, but here they are for my friends back in New York who couldn't make the show. Mark as usual put on a mind-blowing show. He is a tour de force to be sure. I went to school with Mark back in the day (the freakin' 80's! WOW!) Anyway, it was like going to school with a Mozart or an Einstein. He was always good and has always worked his ass off to do what he very simply does, which is blow your mind with his work. There were lines all day from noon to after 6 pm that took 30 minutes just for patrons to enter the gallery. He even had a separate line for his signature. It was exciting to see people treat the experience of seeing an exhibition that way. Mark's work does that to people. It's incredible. I took some photos while I was out for an afternoon run of the window display since the gallery is in my neighborhood. Enjoy!
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Visit The Michael Kohn Gallery for the full experience. March 10 - April 28, 2007
Opening Reception: Saturday, March 10 from 1:00 - 6:00 pm

For more information, please contact: info@kohngallery.com or 323-658-8088.

No comments: